The Summer Rural Delivery Meals Program
This summer, Meigs Local will be participating in the Summer Rural Delivery Meals Program. Participating children who meet the attached income requirements and live within Meigs Local School District will be able to pick up free meals during the summer when school is not in regular session.
This program is made possible through the support of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.
Please note that Meigs Local has been awarded a limited number of boxes to distribute each week. Therefore, applications will be approved on a first come, first serve basis. Your child may have to be placed on a waiting list if all slots have been filled before their application is received.
Free Meals for Kids!
- Kids will receive 2 free breakfasts and 9 free lunches each week, for 10 weeks, to consume at home. Each food box will contain one 32 oz. shelf-stable milk. All food in the box is shelf-stable.
- Meals can be picked up by the child, parent/guardian, or another adult designated by the parent/guardian on the enrollment form (please leave a note on your enrollment form with the names of any other adults that have permission to pick up the box on your behalf). Meal pick-up will be as follows:
Tuesdays (starting June 4)
- Hope Baptist Church – 570 Grant St., Middleport – 10:00am – 10:30am
- Emi’s Place Park – Pomeroy – 11:30am – 12:00pm
- Pick & Shovel Parking Lot - Salem Center – 2:00pm – 2:30pm
- Harrisonville Fire Department - 3:30pm – 4:00pm
Wednesdays (starting June 5)
- Meigs Elementary School – rear entrance – 11:00am - 11:30am
- ReUp and Stuff – SR 681 – 2:30pm – 3:00pm
- Meigs High School – Student Parking Lot – 3:30pm – 4:00pm
To enroll your child, fill out the form below and return to: Your child’s school
If the pick-up options will not work for you or you have questions, contact:
Chrissy Musser, SNS
Food Service Director